The Minister of Labour has published conditions of employment for employees in Expanded Public Works Programmes. The conditions apply to all employees within these programmes, including Early Childhood Development and Home and Community Based Care programmes.
The conditions cover:
- A maximum 40-hour working week;
- Meal breaks every five hours;
- Daily and weekly rest periods;
- Workers who work more than 24 hours per month are entitled to claim one day’s paid sick leave for every full month worked;
- Four month’s unpaid maternity leave;
- Family responsibility leave of three days per year;
- Minimum wage of R 63,18 per day or per task.
WEB LINKS FOR THIS ARTICLE