On 7 March 2012 the DoH briefed the Select Committee on Women, Children and People with Disabilities on its role in implementing the Domestic Violence Act (DVA).
The Department said that:
- it has developed a recruitment strategy for identifying resource gaps in DVA implementation and filling them with skilled personnel;
- it is a member of the Victim Empowerment Management Team, which has piloted an integrated database for victims of crime and violence;
- more than 200 health practitioners have received training on the Act;
- training has been conducted using a new comprehensive curriculum that covers all aspects of managing the victim;
- it has evaluated the progress of the PEP programme in all nine provinces.
WEB LINKS FOR THIS ARTICLE