A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The Minister of Finance, Pravin Gordhan, published the national Medium Term Budget Policy Statement on 25 October 2012, for the 2013 budget. The Policy Statement serves four purposes: it outlines the economic context against which the 2013 budget is being formulated; it explains the national fiscal policy; it presents the division of nationally collected revenue between national, provincial and local government; and it proposes government’s spending framework for the next three years. ...
The Department of Health has embarked on a process of strengthening the health system which focuses on the implementation of an effective Primary Health Care (PHC) approach in order, inter alia, to reduce maternal and child mortality rates. One of the core elements of the PHC approach is the introduction of District based Clinical Specialist Teams (DCSTs). ...