A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The Department of Human Settlements has published a Report on the state of sanitation services in South Africa. In 2011 the SAHRC found the state of sanitation in Khayelitsha in the Western Cape and in Rammulotsi in the Free State to be in violation of the right to human dignity, privacy and the right to a clean environment. The SAHRC recommended that the relevant departments undertake a study to establish the quality of sanitation in South Africa. This report is the result of that study. ...
The Minister of Police has published his intention to introduce the Dangerous Weapons Bill in Parliament. ...