A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
Ilifa Labantwana commissioned a report on government funding for early childhood development in South Africa. The central question which the authors – Sonja Giese, Debbie Budlender, Lizette Berry, Steve Motlatla and Hombakazi Zide— asked is, “Can those who need it get it?” ...
The UN’s Special Representative on Violence against Children has published her third Report (January 2012) in which she reviews key developments and initiatives that have promoted the protection of children against violence. ...