A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The African Union has called on all its Member States to commemorate the Day of the African Child on 16 June 2012 by taking steps to promote, realised and honour the rights of children with disabilities. ...
The President has assented to the Protection from Harassment Act in Government Gazette No. 34818, 5 December 2011. This act is therefore now in effect. ...
The Traditional Courts Bill, which was published in 2008 and subject to numerous submissions, will be introduced into the National Council of Provinces in January 2012. ...