A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The SAHRC has published its 2012 Equality Report, “Commentaries on Equality: Race, Gender, Disability and LGBTI Issues”. The report examines the status of the right to substantive equality for especially marginalised groups of people in South Africa – with a focus on equality of results and equality of opportunity. ...
The 2010/11 Income and Expenditure Survey (IES) provides statistical information on household spending patterns. Some of the main findings of the survey are reported below. ...