A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities (DWCPD) has published the Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Draft Bill for public comment. ...
The Department of Basic Education has published Guidelines for the Provision of Boarding Facilities in Public Ordinary Schools with the objective of providing guidance to provincial and other education authorities and facilitating uniformity in the management of boarding facilities at schools. ...
The Department of Basic Education has published its IQMS Annual Report 2011/12. IQMS stands for the Integrated Quality Management System. In terms of the IQMs, the DOBE has put in place a number of systems to monitor educational capacity, in line with the goals of Action Plan to 2014 as well as the Delivery Agreement of the Basic Education Sector. ...