A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
WHO and UNICEF have published a manual for the provision of early childhood development support to young children and their families through the health care system. The advocacy tool provides a package of material under the heading, “Care for Child Development: Improving the Care of Young Children”. It recognises that in most countries the health-care system reaches more young children and their families than any other service, and advocates for the use of the primary health care setting to ...
The Department of Basic Education has published the results of the Annual National Assessments 2012, Grades 1 to 6 & 9. The report documents the results of the annual grade-specific language and mathematics tests conducted at all schools for grades 1 to 6 and grade 9. ...
The Minister of Basic Education has published for public comment the amended regulations relating to the conduct, administration and management of assessment of the National Senior Certificate (NSC). ...