A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
We thank the Western Cape Forum for Intellectual Disability for sharing a progress report with us on steps that have been taken by Western Cape Education Department pursuant to a judgment handed down by the Western Cape High Court ordering action to realise the right of all children with severe disabilities to affordable, quality basic education. ...
South Africa was reviewed by the UN’s Universal Periodic Review Working Group on 31 May 2012. The Working Group subsequently compiled a report which included a number of recommendations to the South African government by the UN Member States. The South African government has responded to these recommendations under two headings – “Recommendations acceptable to South African” and “Recommendations not acceptable to South Africa”. ...
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the Human Science Research Council (HSRC) have jointly developed and launched a new policy-oriented information web-portal on children’s rights called the Policy Action Network of PAN: Children. ...