A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The 2011 Census results have been released and confirm that South Africa has improved the living conditions of the majority of the population. However, they also indicate that these improvements have not been enough to overcome the historical inequity fault lines. Race, gender and geographical location and disability continue to determine the rate and depth of access to services and benefits derived from the country’s socio-economic development. ...
The Minister of Basic Education has published the establishment of a Ministerial Committee to investigate the current promotion requirements and other related matters that impact on the standard of the National Senior Certificate. ...
The Department of Health has, since August 2012, implemented an expanded ARV treatment regime for children under the age of 5 years. ...