A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The Department of Health has published South Africa’s National Strategic Plan for a Campaign on Accelerated Reduction of Maternal and Child Mortality in Africa (CARMMA). CARMMA is an African Union initiative to promote and advocate for intensified development and implementation of initiatives by Member States to reduce maternal and child mortality. ...
The Minister of Basic Education has promised that all new textbooks required for the 2013 school year will be distributed to schools in Limpopo by 30 November 2012. ...
The Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities has published the First Country Report to the United Nations on the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) for public comment. ...