A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
The Department of Basic Education presented its budget vote analysis to the Portfolio Committee on Basic Education in March 2012. ...
The Minister of Finance presented the national 2012 budget on 22 February 2012. The budget holds promise for the support and development of women and children through the dominant infrastructure development plan and the continuation of education, health and social assistance as the largest categories of expenditure. ...
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development briefed Parliament on February 12 on the steps taken toward Outcome 3: that all South Africans feel safe. ...