A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
Last year the Ministry of Basic Education intervened in the management of the Eastern Cape Department of Education. ...
The Department of Basic Education briefed Parliament in February on progress in improving the infrastructure of schools. The poor state of infrastructure was highlighted last year when several parent associations took the Department to court because of the failure to eradicate mud structures and ensure basic necessities such as water and sanitation at a number of schools in the Eastern Cape. ...
The Council is a multi-sectoral body, including civil society members, which was launched in 2011. It is chaired by the Deputy President of South Africa. It will be responsible for coordinating multi-sectoral responses to GBV. ...