The DoSD has published its 2011 Annual Report, which highlights progress made during the last financial year towards achieving the Department’s mandate of poverty alleviation and redress of inequity.
- The extension of the CSG to children aged 16 and 17, which thus completes the process of phasing in the grant for all children in poverty.
- Access to the older person’s grant by men aged 60.
- The laying of the foundations for a strengthened contributory social security system by the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Social Security and Retirement Reform.
- Substantial increases in the number of children accessing ECD services and the number registered ECD centres.
- The implementation of the Children’s Amendment Act and the Older Person’s Act.
WEB LINKS FOR THIS ARTICLE